The incumbent will work with Manager, Application Support to ensure the system is always available and ready for business. The role requires involvement in the monitoring system, preventing incidents and recovery activities.
Duties & Responsibilites
- Monitor the frontend, middleware, and backend application in monitoring tool.
- Monitor the routine batch jobs completed without errors.
- Involve in improving the monitoring application and monitoring process toward automation.
- Execute service recovery or escalate to L2 support team.
- Support operation users on production incidents. Require checking in database and application logs.
- Investigate the incident root cause and propose solutions to prevent future reoccurrences.
- Track production incidents in issue tracking system.
- Participate in knowledge transfer from Business Analyst and Development team to know what the new application services and batch job are to monitor.
- Update the manual and guidelines (monitoring and system recovery steps) into knowledgebase.
- Checking deployment checklist and verify post deployment activities.
- Involve in company activities like DR drill, load test and stress test.
- Work closely with colleagues from other teams or departments.
- Able to work on shift schedules.
- Continue to support the system after working hour.
- Degree in Computing, Information Technology or equivalent with CGPA 3.0 and above
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Listen, Speak, Read, and Write)
- Minimum 2 years working experience in IT industry. At least 1 year experience as L1, L2 or L3 in supporting production system.
- Having knowledge in system monitoring tool, application performance tool, SQL query, Linux commands, analyze application logs and scripting (bash or python) would be an advantage.
- Developer, database administrator, quality assurance, and system analyst are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office
- Experienced in stock broking industry would be an advantage.
- Fast learner and self-motivated to learn about the system.
Special Requirements (if any)
- Working on weekend or public holiday (if required).
- Able to work in shift basis.