Manager, Digital Marketing Communications
The Digital Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the marketing strategy covering digital marketing, affiliate marketing and offline marketing to effectively drive trading behaviour and customer acquisition effectively.
This role will partner with internal marketing teams to identify data driven stories and digital marketing trends into easy-to-understand social, education and PR content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of narrative and content positioning for brand development and client acquisitions
- Support business marketing, affiliate and brand marketing teams with relevant content promoting the company on the digital and media space.
- Oversee social strategy by developing messaging in the blog and social that pushes forward our brand initiatives
- Collaborate on public relations related work to ensure that content messages, social and PR are aligned: 50% of the time
- Public Relations:
- Coordinate PR activities to ensure Rakuten Trade sustains and offline presence through media coverage and outreach
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Produce editorial materials such as media releases, media alerts and articles to help promote Rakuten Trade’s key messages in external media outlets and build the company’s reputation
- Actively seek and identify editorial and other PR opportunities
- Work with the affiliate marketing and brand marketing teams to enhance our public relations efforts
- Assist with issues and crisis management situations
- Digital Marketing Management
- Implement campaigns and lead-gen activities such as email marketing, website optimization, SEO/SEM and online events promotion initiatives.
- Track campaigns and PR performance and provide weekly dashboard on lead generation / acquisition status for optimisation. Provide recommendations on hot topics for marketing campaigns development.
- Develop and manage digital assets which include webinars, digital videos, videos and infographics
- Weekly presentations on performance of all channels and engagement activities
- Social Media Management
- Manage company profiles, content, and online communities for external communications across the company's social media channels.
- Analyze social media metrics and provide insights for the improvement of brand engagement and loyalty.
- Implement outreach of content pieces to earn links back to the website to improve our search engine ranking and create keyword specific landing pages as required.
- Develop content calendars for social and web postings. Measure and analyze postings performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/Communications with proven 5 to 6 years of relevant work experience in digital marketing or related fields.
- Minimum 1 year in a managerial position
- Understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategies, and best practice.
- Strong knowledge in Power Point and Excel is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable evidence of ability to generate content and a good sense of what is “newsworthy” in a PR sense
- Proven experience working in SEM/SEO, social media, CMS
- Digital savvy, creative and out-going personality.
- Communications or PR agency experience
- Customer relationship management experience