Manager, Risk and Compliance
The incumbent will report directly to the Head of Risk Management & Compliance and will work closely with the Head to manage all governance, risk management and compliance related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Head, Risk & Compliance in discharging her duties on Risk Management & Compliance functions especially pertaining to AML/CFT.
- To put in place effective Policies and Procedures related to AML/CFT.
- To develop and enhance an effective AML/CFT Compliance Program Monitoring.
- To ensure continuous process enhancement within the AML/CFT framework.
- To regularly monitor and enhance the sanctions monitoring framework
- Coordinate and monitor the suspicious transaction reporting.
- To assist in ad-hoc projects related to AML/CFT.
- To analyze, close gaps and mitigate the risk of AML/CFT.
- Coordinate with all functional Head of Departments to review their respective Risk Registers and present the outcome with the completed analysis to Management.
- To strengthen Risk Management controls which may impact the achievement of the company’s objectives resulting from inadequate internal processes and systems, human factors, or external events.
- Conduct relevant Risk Management and Compliance training.
- Conduct relevant AML/CFT training and ensure compliance with SC Guidelines.
- Liaise with external parties including regulators such as Securities Commission Malaysia on Compliance and Risk Management matters when necessary.
- Candidate must possess at least a tertiary degree in a related field or has obtained the relevant accredited professional qualification in Risk Management or
- More than 5 years of working experience in Risk Management/Compliance within the capital market industry or banking and financial institutions industry.
- To complete Module 11 – Fundamentals of Compliance and other modules from SIDC as maybe relevant to the scope of responsibilities of the Compliance Officer.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and manage stakeholders.
- Possess analytical skills, critical thinking and is detail-oriented.