Daily Market Report (23 June 2020)
- US equities closed firmer after a shaky start predominantly boosted by technology stocks.
- The DJI Average closed above the 26,000 mark or 153 points higher despite the US seeing a spike-up in Covid-19 cases.
- Regional equities are expected to remain mixed following yesterday’s weak performance.
- As for the local bourse, we reckon sentiments to remain jittery notwithstanding yesterday’s positive closing.
- Therefore, we expect the FBM KLCI to continue consolidating within the 1,500/1,515 range.
- Meanwhile, crude oil prices inched higher with the Brent now above the US$43/barrel.