Daily Market Report (5 April 2021)
- Wall Street was closed last Friday but solid US job data pushed index futures higher.
- US unemployment rate decline to 6% from 6.2% last month thus propped the DJI Average futures 160 points higher.
- Meanwhile, the US 10-year Treasury yield also ended higher to 1.71% as the US economy continues to improve.
- Therefore, we reckon market volatility may heighten.
- Though some regional markets are closed today, regional performances should be rather mixed today.
- On the local front, we reckon bargain hunting activities to persists in a cautious manner thus expect the index to hover within the 1,585/90 range today.