Daily Market Report (13 Jun 2022)
- Wall Street fell sharply due to May’s inflation figure which jumped to a 40 year high of 8.6% igniting fears of more intense rate hikes by the Federal Reserves.
- Therefore, the DJI Average declined by 860 points while the Nasdaq was down by a massive 414 points as the US 10-year yield inched to almost the 3.2% level.
- Back home, the FBM KLCI continued with its downtrend and slumped to a YTD low amid the regional weak performances.
- Though a rebound is expected, we reckon market undertone to remain jittery thus anticipate the index to hover within the 1,480-1,500 range today.
- Meanwhile, crude oil palm price fell to RM6,600/tonne as exports are seen to weaken over the immediate term while the Brent crude also fell to US$122/barrel attributed to weaker Chinese demand.