Grow With Us
Manager, Accounts & Finance
Be responsible in ensuring timely and accurate management and finance reporting, taxation filing and comply with applicable accounting standards, latest government ruling and procedures. This role also requires participation in projects and ad-hoc assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly management performance review, forecast and analysis.
- Prepare yearly budget including control and monitoring budget spending in weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly .
- Preparation of tax computation, deferred tax, and tax regulatory submission.
- Handling Transfer Pricing documentation and liaise with related parties accordingly.
- Review, verify & monitor daily accounting and financial operations related to work.
- Review and monitor the fixed assets register and ensure the records and reports are properly recorded.
- Preparation of Lease schedule(MFRS 16), including computation, recognition, reconciliation, and monitoring.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, tax agents, etc in ensuring compliance of statutory requirements.
- Assist to prepare, review, and monitor finance policy, procedure, and any other internal control documents.
- Review and Monitor Daily Cash Flow Planning.
- Assist to prepare and review regulatory reports such as “CAR” report, ComRep, FATCA, CbCR, CRS and others.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- At least 7 - 10 years of working experience (with stockbroking is preferred).
- Good communication skill and teamwork oriented.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Accounting software.
- Knowledge on MYOB system will be an added advantage.
- Experience in stock broking industry will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be resourceful and able to problem solve.
- Able to work independently with strong initiative, committed and strong sense of ownership.
- Knowledge on Corporate Tax & computation Deferred taxes are compulsory
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing Documentation will be added advantage
- Understanding of accounting standards for MFRS 9, 15, 16 is compulsory.
- Data Analytical skill is required
Senior Executive, Data Marketing
The incumbent is responsible in data mining and data analysis to discover insights that helps company identify areas of improvement and seize new opportunities in terms of acquisition and trading. Also, this role will assist in creating educational content around digital trading and support marketing activities such as hosting educational webinars, and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily reporting based on available data. i.e. daily business report (account opening, flash reports, revenue reports etc.), daily trading report and ad-hoc reports
- Liaise with BA team to ensure SQL data extraction is accurate.
- Liaise with IT team to monitor the progress of business requirements requested by marketing team and customer service team.
- Execute UAT check before implementation of new business requirement
- Prepare database for communication
- Prepare post communication reports to track effectiveness
- Analyze data and discover insightful information on the customer, such as trend and performance for planning of any future promotion or campaigns.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our educational content and recommend new topics
- Write clear marketing copy to educate and promote digital trading
- Use SEO, videos, webpages, webinars, social media, EDMs, etc to share content.
- Upload new content to our communication platforms. Update content as needed
- Coordinate with creative to illustrate articles and ensure brand consistency
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Marketing/ Economics/ Communication/ Business or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Strong data analytics and written communication skill.
- Strong understanding of current marketing and event concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Strong knowledge in PowerPoint, Excel and SQL is a must.
- A team player, digital savvy, creative and out-going personality.
- Experience in ecommerce, email marketing, and social media
Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications
The Digital Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for development and execution of the marketing strategy covering digital, affiliate, and offline marketing to effectively drive trading behaviour and customer acquisition effectively. This role will partner with internal marketing teams to identify data driven stories and digital marketing trends into easy-to-understand social, education and PR content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know what works best on different online and offline platforms and apply this knowledge to push forward business objectives, client acquisition and content strategies.
- Be able to understand strategy set by our Head of Marketing and CMO and translate that into team execution.
- Work on public relations, digital media and partnerships to ensure our content is of the highest quality.
- Provide recommendations on hot topics for marketing campaigns development.
- Constant learning and implementation of social media optimization efforts.
- Familiar with Google Analytics, FB Insights, SEM, FB ads to provide clear data to help improve our content and social media activity on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure advertising activities (offline and online) obtain maximum reach and is an efficient use of ad budget.
- Coordinate PR activities, manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Produce editorial materials such as media releases, media alerts and articles to help promote Rakuten Trade’s key messages in external media outlets and build the company’s reputation
- Actively seek and identify editorial and other PR opportunities
- Implement campaigns and lead-gen activities
- Provide weekly reports and analyze digital media metrics to determine insights ideas on improvement.
- Manage digital assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications with proven 5 - 6 years of relevant work experience in digital marketing or related fields.
- Proven experience working in SEM/SEO, social media, CMS
- Minimum 1 year in a managerial position
- Understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategies and best practice.
- Strong knowledge in Power Point and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable evidence of ability to generate content and a good sense of what is “newsworthy” in a PR sense
- Digital savvy, creative and out-going personality.
- Customer relationship management and communications or PR agency experience
Manager, Risk & Compliance
The incumbent will report directly to the Head, Risk Management & Compliance and will work closely with the Head to manage all governance, risk management and compliance related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Head, Risk & Compliance in discharging his duties on Risk Management and compliance functions.
- To strengthen Risk Management controls related to Information Technology. Technology Risk is defined as any potential adverse outcome, damage, loss, disruption, violation, irregularity or failure arising from the use of or reliance on computer hardware, software, electronic devices, online networks and telecommunications systems.
- To strengthen Risk Management controls related to Operational Risk which may impact the achievement of the company’s objectives resulting from inadequate internal processes and systems, human factors, or external events.
- To strengthen the Risk Management controls related to our Brand (Reputation). Brand Disruption Risk could be caused by incidents of any department’s inadequate systems and procedures.
- To analyze, close gaps and mitigate risk of financial loss.
- Conduct relevant risk management and compliance trainings.
- To support Domestic/potential Foreign Trading market for Risk & Compliance matters.
- Liaise with external parties including regulators such as Securities Commission Malaysia on Compliance and Risk Management matters when necessary.
- Candidate must possess at least a tertiary degree in related field or has obtained the relevant accredited professional qualification in risk management and compliance.
- More than 5 years of working experience in risk management/compliance within the capital market industry or banking and financial institutions industry.
- To complete Module 11 – Fundamentals of Compliance and other modules from SIDC as maybe relevant to the scope of responsibilities of the Compliance Officer
- Possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to manage stakeholders.
- Possess analytical skills, critical thinking and is detail oriented.
Assistant Manager, Partnership Marketing
Responsible for creating and executing customer-based loyalty programs to drive acquisition, value and generate cross and upsell demand to the current installed base. This position will report to the Head of Marketing and Communications and will be responsible for marketing Rakuten Trade to new customers via existing and potential affiliate partners, social educators and 3rd party brands as well as to host quarterly market outlook sessions to boost trading activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and deploy educational content based on trending topics and relate back to the business
- Design marketing ideas to acquire new clients
- Identify loyalty related campaigns to cultivate recurring and continuous trading on our platform
- Required to be kept up to date on best practices around the globe
- Work across organizational boundaries to achieve goals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Maintain a positive attitude while being hyper-organized and comfortable multi-tasking
- Quantitative, detail-oriented, and results-focused
- Problem solve innovatively
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with many concurrent campaigns
- Develop and host webinar sessions to educate and boost trading
- 3-5 years of digital marketing, loyalty programs and/or eCommerce experience, with knowledge base of CRM/customer marketing programs across owned and paid channels
- Prior experience in developing and executing strategic retention marketing programs is preferred
- A history of building and leveraging customer segmentation and understanding of customer journeys to increase engagement and business results
- Experience in loyalty programs
- A data-driven mindset, with a proven track record of hypothesis-driven testing resulting in increased business performance
- Excellent written, presentation, creative thinking, analytical, and relationship management skills
- Proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and webinar streaming platforms
- Experience in ecommerce and communications agency
Database Management Administrator
The incumbent will lead development unit/modules, analyse the business requirements, translate into development tasks, plan out delivery timeline and the required resources. The incumbent will also support the ongoing production system, identify the root cause and provide solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day management and administration of existing production and non-production database environments; production support, and management of associated system components.
- Perform database design, modification, development, security, backup, tuning, optimizing, scaling and maintenance activities all server instances and databases.
- Analyze and resolve application performance issues in coordination with customers and other technical administrators/leads.
- Develop, plan and establish database performance baselines. Monitor performance trends to identify and correct problems.
- Ensuring integration of SOW requirements and project plans between major project activities.
- Document processes, procedures and ensure compliance with the organisation and partner database standards, practices and methodologies
- Ensure database high-availability as a component of the larger BC/DR plan
- Design, implement and support database backup, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures.
- Implements database security infrastructure and manages user access accounts.
- Plans, installs and tests software upgrades and patches.
- Write and optimize tSQL – queries, views, stored procedures and functions
- Build and support SSIS jobs for process and data flow automation
- Support and continue to build out the corporate data warehouse
- Support and continue to develop business intelligence capabilities: SQL Reporting Services and Crystal reports
- In-depth experience in more than one database stack. Predominately, SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows operating system internals including familiarity with shell scripting.
- Knowledge of database Backup/Recovery techniques including database clustering techniques
- Experience in financial sector and a degree in BS/BA is required. 8+ years experience and supporting enterprise database applications, specifically all recent versions of MS SQL Server
- Strong background with developing SQL scripts
- Expert-level knowledge of supporting databases in a large decentralized financial services organization
- Experience with high volume and/or ecommerce online platforms preferred