FAQs - General Trading Qs
Please logon to the members page via www.rakutentrade.my/login and then click “Settings”, select “change trading pin” and proceed accordingly.
Investors who fall under the category of sophisticated investors;
Investors who have margin accounts with their brokers;
Investors who have executed at least five transactions in exchange traded derivatives or structured warrants in the preceding 12 months, OR
Investors who have utilized a performance simulator which simulates trading in L&I ETFs and have undergone the e-learning tutorial on L&I ETFs on Bursa Marketplace.
Internet-enabled PC, Notebook with Pentium 4 (1Ghz) or higher CPU with at least 1GB RAM Supported browsers with versions:
⦁ Chrome – v25 and above
⦁ Mozilla Firefox – v25 and above
⦁ Microsoft Internet Explorer – v11 and above
Opening and continuous trading: 9:00am
Opening and continuous trading: 2:30pm
Trading at last: 4:50pm
You can refer to the videos on our website “Customer Service”, “Videos” or via our Rakuten Trade YouTube Channel.
A trading pin is a six-digit pin used as a security feature to trade online. It was the 6 digit number you created in your account opening form.
If you have forgotten it, please logon to the members page via www.rakutentrade.my/login and then click “Settings”, select “change trading pin” and proceed accordingly.
You can submit your orders from 8:30am until 5:00pm for the day’s orders, Monday to Friday.
After trading hours – You can key-in orders after business hours and your orders will be in a pending queue status, the orders will take effect the next business day. On trading days, 5:00pm-6:00pm, no orders will be accepted due to system maintenance.
As Rakuten Trade business is an all-in-one seamless and automated platform, you are responsible for executing your own investment and trading ideas end-to-end.
You can amend your unmatched order at “Order Status”. Select the order you wish to amend /or cancel and execute as per instructions.
Under the order status section, it will be shown under "Status" column.
A gentle reminder that there will always be risk involved when it comes to trading securities whether it’s due to internal or external forces. We aren't saying that it’s not entirely our fault but sometimes things happen beyond our control (Eg: Bursa breakdown, disruption from our service provider, etc). Hence it is important that you understand the terms and conditions that was put forth at the time of account opening.
Having said that, you can always still send us an email at email@example.com if you would like us to investigate further within 48 hours of the occurence. Please include your account details, the unauthorized transaction details, and a screenshot if relevant. We will respond via email accordingly.
The minimum number of shares that you can place is 1 share (for Odd lot) and a minimum of 100 shares (for board lot), whereas the maximum number of shares that you can place in a normal board lot order is 5,000 (500,000 shares).
No as they are not facilitated by Rakuten Trade.
5 Market depth displays 5 levels of current best bids and asks price of a particular stock. You can view 3 levels of market depth at no cost on Rakuten Trade’s website.
Yes. You can.
For new account activated, you will get access to Bursa Malaysia's five market depth services FREE for the first 3 months post account activation
After that, if you trade within the free subscription period (3 months), we will extend the service for free for an additional month (30 calendar days). It will start 1 calendar day after the Transaction Date*.
If you trade at any time after the free subscription period, you will receive the 1 month free subscription a day after the transaction date.
You may also subscribe for the service at RM2.00 for 30 calendar days. It will be effective from/on the date you purchased it.
Notes: Transaction Date* is the date you purchased/sold the shares.
There are 2 types of orders, Day Orders and Good till Date (GTD) Orders. All day orders submitted are only valid for the trading day. GTD orders will be carried forward continuously each trading day until the expiry date selected upon order execution of orders are unfilled / unmatched. The GTD order is valid up to 30 calendar days only.
Yes, you can create up to 10 sub-folders consist of 100 stocks in each folder. A total of 1,000 stocks.
No. Trading on behalf is prohibited.
Currently, Rakuten Trade online trading access is offered at no cost. However, the standard brokerage fee (plus 6% ST) will be imposed and we reserve the right to impose any charges with prior notice.
A market order is an order to buy or sell a stock at the current market price. The advantage of a market order is that it is almost always guaranteed that the order will be executed (as long as there are willing buyers and sellers).
Rakuten Trade’s Market Buy Order requires more trading limit. This is to ensure the immediate execution of Market Buy Order to match to the best available seller price(s) in the market depth.
Therefore, the required trading limit for Market Buy Order will be calculated 30% higher for shares with current market price / last done price trading at RM1.00 and above.
The required trading limit for Market Buy Order will be calculated RM0.30 higher for shares with current market price / last done price trading below RM1.00
The following is the mechanism of Rakuten Trade Market Buy Order:
|Current Market Price Trading at
|Rakuten Trade Market Order Price Band Percentage & RM
|Minumum Trading Limit Require
|RM1.00 & above
|30% (above current market price)
|RM1.00+30%+Brokerage+Stamp Duty+Clearing Fees
|RM0.30 (above current market price)
|RM0.90+0.30+Brokerage+Stamp duty+Clering Fees
* Price band percentages will be 30% above the current market price, as such customer trading limit should have a minimum of RM138.50 in order to purchase 1 board lot or 100 units of shares.
Sophisticated Investors are defined as follow: -
- a company that is registered as a trust company under the Trust Companies Act 1949 which has assets exceeding RM10,000,000 under management; or
- a corporation that is a public company under the Malaysia Companies Act 2016 which is approved by the Securities Commission Malaysia to be a trustee under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 and has assets exceeding RM10,000,000 under management.
- a corporation with total net assets exceeding RM10,000,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies based on last audited accounts; or
- a partnership with total net assets exceeding RM10,000,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies.
- an individual whose total net personal assets exceeds RM3,000,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies, excluding the value of the individual’s primary residence;
- an individual who has a gross annual income exceeding RM300,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies in the preceding twelve months; or
- an individual who, jointly with his or her spouse, has a gross annual income exceeding RM400,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies in the preceding twelve months.
No, trading on LEAP market are not facilitated by Rakuten Trade.
You can view your daily trade statement via our website, by logging onto your online trading account “My account”, “My Statement”. Monthly statements (within 12 months only) will be updated into “My Statement”.
Ringgit Malaysia only.
Your trading limit is dependent on available cash in your Cash Upfront Account. To increase your limit, please deposit funds accordingly.
You can check via your online account dashboard under “My Account”.
We ensure a secured environment for data transmission with an adoption of proven security technologies such as User ID & Password protection and Trading Pin (T-PIN) validation. We advise, though, all our customers to change their passwords regularly.
When the brokerages and fees are more than the gross value of the sales proceeds, a negative sales proceed occurs. Please exercise caution especially when the selling shares has a gross value near to zero. A negative sales proceed will be charged to your trading account so do ensure you have sufficient funds for this.
It will be reflected at the end of day post settlement clearance.
- New: New Order submitted by the customer pending submission to Order Management System (OMS)
- Sent: Order has been sent to BURSA by Rakuten Trade order routing system and is pending BURSA acknowledgement.
- Acknowledged: Order received, has been acknowledged by BURSA and is queuing for matching
- Matched: Order fully matched
- Partial Matched: Order partially matched
- Partial Cancelled: Order partially matched. Balance that is unmatched has been successfully replaced or cancelled by the Customer/ cancelled by BURSA
- Rejected: Order has been rejected by BURSA
- New AMO: After Market Order. Order has been submitted after 5:00pm/ before 8:30am/ on a public holiday.
- SBO: Session break order
- Pending replace: order has been amended and will be changed soon
Board lots are more than 100 shares. Odd lots are 99 and below.
- A market order is an order to buy or sell a share immediately. It ensures that the order will be executed but does not guarantee the price.
- A limit order is an order to buy or sell a share at a specific price or better. A BUY order will be executed at the limit price or lower (better price) while the sell order will be executed at the limit price or higher (better price)
No, we only accept cash and/or shares as collateral.
Generally, dynamic price limit is introduced to prevent sudden fluctuation in price movement of securities. It applies to all securities except new listings. It ensures the next matching price is within the range of a percentage/absolute value allowed from the last done price of securities during trading hours. Generally, it will be +-8% or 8cent from the last done price.
For example, if the last done price of a stock is RM2.00, then the next matching price must be within the range of RM1.84 to RM2.16.
The average acquisition price displayed on the online portfolio is only an indicative information. We calculate the average acquisition price or indicative price based on cost basis with the available information presented to Rakuten Trade. In the event of shares consolidation/capital reduction (Bursa and US market), inward and outward shares transfer or any movement to the online portfolio, it will affect the result of average acquisition price at the online portfolio. Rakuten Trade strongly advise you to maintain your own Securities transactions records at all times.
Yes, you may. Please send us your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will advise you and amend your average acquisition price of your online portfolio accordingly with your consent.
No. Share transfer is done via Central Depository System (CDS) that is fully owned and operated by Bursa Malaysia Depository Sdn Bhd where this service handles only units instead of price. To mitigate this issue , RT will use yesterday closing price to update your stock price in RT online portfolio
A type of order to buy or sell a security at a specified price. The matching will be based on Limit Price set by you or better.